Tuesday 13 August 2013

Gift Envelopes

My parents have shifted base and moved to our hometown. One of the boons (occasionally a bane when there are one too many to attend...!!) is that they get to attend a lot of weddings and all sorts of associated functions. Mom is happy she can put all of her silk sarees to the best possible use and I am happy 'coz all of my silk sarees get to see some daylight thanks to her (I've offloaded several of my sarees to her now!!). :-)
She mostly gifts the newlyweds money so they can buy something of their choice. And so now she has a need for a lot of gift envelopes. Seeing my growing interest in things handmade she requested me to make some gift envelopes for her.  

Here is what I came up with. I used an envelope I had as a template. These envelopes have been embellished with patterned papers and border punched papers. 










Next I intend to try some stamping on the envelopes. Will post once I have a few ready. I've got an order for some 25 envelopes and so need to pull up my socks and quickly work on them! Phew!!










1 comment:

  1. So simple yet so elegant Divya!!
    and Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete