Friday 30 August 2013

Care for a cuppa......


Guys there's gonna be a slew of posts from me....I just realised that I haven't posted any of the cards that I've made and all the challenges are coming to an end.....August is almost done with!! Wow!! How fast can time really fly??!!! I've got a few more things to post.....not cards but some other stuff that I've been making. Will post them soon too.

So this one's made with two challenges in mind....one was the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #43 and the other is the Beyond Grey Challenge - Latte Love

The sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch is 


At Beyond Grey Challenges the theme is coffee + stitching. 

Here's my take for these two challenges.  

The card obvioulsy is CAS. The coffee takeaway cup is entirely handmade. The patterned paper is a free printable and the sentiment is printed. The pp has been distressed with ink first (vintage photo) and then distressed the edges with my exacto tool. Tried to capture it in the pic below.


I don't have a sewing tool and so made some faux stitching on the PP.


So that's all from me on this post. 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, love your handmade coffee cup, it's so clever!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I used the same sketch for BGC #38.. :) You have done a fantastic job with the sketch.. Never thought of using a coffee cup as a layer.. And such a cute coffee cup!! Lovely!! :)

    Thanks for playing along at BGC #37..
    Love,
    Nikita.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love that :) that's so cute the coffee cup!!!! Superb layering thanks for joining us at BGC latte love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..loved the layering! Thanks so much for joining us at BGC Latte Love.
    Hugs,
    Shafaq

    ReplyDelete